These lemon-garlic roasted potatoes are used to accompany pretty much every grilled or roasted meat in Greece and are the ultimate comfort food.
Greek Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then each half lengthwise again. Cut the four slices horizontally to form wedges. Add to a large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl with whisk. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Pour into a rimmed sheet pan or shallow casserole dish.
- Cover the pan with foil or lid (if available) and put it the oven on a middle rack. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the foil, and keep baking for another 30-40 minutes.