This recipe holds a lot of fond memories for me. It was a meal my grandpa would often make when my brother and I would sleep over. My grandma would make flaky biscuits and a big salad with bacon bits to go with it. I’m smiling just writing about it. 🙂
Grandpa’s Pot Roast
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-5 lb chuck roast, rump roast, or top sirloin roast
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- baby carrots
- Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6-8 garlic cloves, peeled
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add potatoes, onions, beef stock, and carrots to bottom of Dutch Oven. Place roast on top.
- Generously salt and pepper roast.
- Make 6-8 slits in top of roast, large enough to fit garlic cloves into slits. Push garlic halfway into each slit.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 2-2.5 hours for a 3-pound roast. Remove roast when internal temperture is 165 degrees. Let sit in the covered Dutch Oven for about 20 more minutes before removing to cut.