A fresh take on Taco Tuesday 😉
Fajita Style Meatballs
- 8 oz baby bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sour cream, jalapeños, cheese, and/or guacamole for topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the bell peppers and onion with the olive oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange on one half of a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix the ground turkey, egg, chili powder, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in another bowl. Form into 8 large meatballs. Place on other half of baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Divide rice among plates. Top with the meatballs, peppers and onion. Serve with sour cream, jalapeños, guacamole, and cheese.