This is a spicy one pot meal that is so satisfying! It brings a little bit of New Orleans into your kitchen!
Pressure Cooker Jambalaya
- 4 precooked andouille sausage links
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Slice the chicken sausage and dice the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Coursely chop onion, pepper, and celery. Add to a bowl. Mince garlic and add to bowl. Toss veggies with Cajun seasoning.
- Set your pressure cooker to SEAR or SAUTE and press START. Add the oil and heat for 3 minutes. Add the sausage and cook for 3–4 minutes until lightly browned. Remove the sausage from the inner pot.*
- Add seasoned vegetables and cook for 3–4 minutes. Press CANCEL.
- Add the sausage, chicken, and remaining ingredients (except the parsley) to the inner pot and lock the lid. Select the WHITE RICE setting and press START. This is 4 minutes, high pressure.
- When the timer is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then press the steam-release button to release any remaining pressure. Serve garnished with parsley.