Bake with Annie live here!
Recipe Courtesy of America’s Test Kitchen
1 cup flour
2 tbsp flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces and softened
1/3 cup sugar
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 large egg yolk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup jam (any flavor)
BAKE TIME: About 20 minutes
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In bowl of stand mixer (or large bowl if using handheld mixer), combine softened butter and sugar. If using stand mixer, lock bowl in place and attach paddle to stand mixer. Start mixer on medium-high speed and beat until fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Stop mixer and use rubber spatula to scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add cream cheese, egg yolk, and vanilla. Start mixer on medium speed and beat until mixture is just combined, about 30 seconds. Stop mixer.
5. Carefully add flour mixture. Start mixer on low speed and beat until combined, about 30 seconds. Stop mixer. Remove bowl from stand mixer, if using.
6. Use your hands to roll dough into 24 balls (about 2 tsp each). Place dough balls on parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space between balls.
7. Use your thumb to make an indentation in center of each dough ball.
8. Use ½ tsp measuring spoon to fill each hole with heaping ½ tsp jam.
9. Place baking sheet in oven. Bake cookies until light golden brown, 15-18 minutes.
10. Use oven mitts to remove baking sheet from oven. Place baking sheet on cooling rack and let cookies cool completely on baking sheet, about 30 minutes.