This meal took so little effort for the smell it produced. Annie walked in after school and declared “It smells like Thanksgiving!”, which on a rainy, cool spring day was perfect.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 6 oz box stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place on the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soup, stuffing, onions, celery, thyme and chicken broth.
- Layer stuffing on top of chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6-7.