Sweet Annie’s Virtual Kids Baking: Snack Attack Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bake with Annie live here!
Recipe courtesy of Food Network
1 ½ cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
10 tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed, light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
1 cup lightly crushed potato chips
½ cup broken pretzels pieces
BAKE TIME: About 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Combine the butter and brown sugar in al arge bowl and beat with a mixer on medium high speed until pale and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer to low and beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, potato chips, and pretzels with a rubber spatula.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1.5 inch balls with your hands and arrange the dough balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
6. Bake until set around the edges, 15-16 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes on the pans, then move the cookies to a rack with a spatula to cool completely.