When I was a teenager I worked at a pizza place and they had (well, have because they are still in business) the best Chicken Club Sandwich. I would order one once a week after a shift to take home with me. So the other night I tried my hand at recreating one with a few twists…
Chicken Club Panini
- 1 tbsp mayo or melted butter per sandwich
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder per sandwich
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 lb grilled chicken tenders marinated in Italian dressing
- 8 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp crumbled bacon per sandwich
- Toppings: Shredded lettuce, sliced tomato patted dry, and additional Italian dressing
- Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread 1 tbsp mayo mixed with 1/4 tsp garlic powder (Mayo is our preference! It makes for a less greasy sandwich) or melted butter/garlic on 2 slices of sourdough.
- Toss shredded lettuce with additional Italian dressing to your taste.
- On the inside of the bread (the side without mayo/butter), lay one slice provolone cheese, bacon, 1-2 grilled marinated chicken tenders, slices of tomato (make sure to pat them dry), shredded lettuce tossed with dressing, another slice of provolone, and the last piece of sourdough with mayo/butter side facing out.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and "grill" on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.