This fast, healthy version of an egg roll has serious potential to become your next weeknight favorite!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage or pork sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 28 oz coleslaw mix minus dressing
- 2 green onions
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha
- White Rice
- Chow Mein Noodles
- Additional Sriracha (optional)
- Heat the oil in a 12" skillet over medium heat for 3–5 minutes.
- Add the onion and sausage to the skillet. Cook for 5–7 minutes, break the sausage into pieces.
- Finely chop the bell pepper. Add the bell pepper and coleslaw to the skillet and stir well. Cover and cook for 5–6 minutes. (The mixture will cook down.)
- For the sauce, add the green onion to a food processor; finely chop. Add the soy sauce, honey, and Sriracha; process until combined.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet. Cook, uncovered, for 1–2 minutes, or until evenly combined and heated through.
- Place rice into bowls and top with the mixture. Top with chow mein noodles and sriracha, if desired.