Thanks to my pressure cooker I can have “Chicken Parmesan” flavors in about 15 minutes! I served ours over spinach and cherry tomatoes for a little extra vitamin boost. 😉
Pressure Cooker Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, coursely grated
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Add half of the chicken and cook uncovered for 5–7 minutes, stirring once, or until the exterior is browned (chicken will not be cooked through). Remove the chicken from the inner pot. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Press CANCEL.
- Return all chicken to inner pot. Add the sauce, pasta, and water. Lock the lid and select the Custom setting. Adjust the time to 5 minutes and press Start.
- While the pressure cooker is working, stir melted butter and panko bread crumbs together. Microwave for 30 seconds to brown the top and crisp up the crumbs.
- When the timer is up, press Cancel. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure.
- Stir the Parmesan cheese into the pasta. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover. Let it stand for 3–4 minutes before serving. Sprinkle each serving with some of your bread crumbs.