We love burgers and we love Caesar salad. So I was excited to put our spin on a recipe I found that married the two. This was a great way to mix up a summer burger!
Chicken Caesar Burger
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp finely shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hamburger buns (we used Brioche)
- romaine lettuce
- Caesar dressing (your favorite)
- shaved parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, onion and garlic powder, Worcestershire, mayo, dijon, lemon zest, and parmesan cheese. Fully combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide mixture into 8 equal patties about 1/2-3/4 inches thick on the cookie sheet. Press down in the middle with your thumb to create an indent.
- Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes (this ensures it will be easy for you to lift them off the cookie sheet and they will hold their shape on the grill).
- Season the top generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place burgers on the grill over direct heat and close the lid. Let cook 5-6 minutes per side or until they reach 160 degrees internal temperature. If using cheese, place on top during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Remove and let rest 5 minutes.
- To build burger: place a piece of lettuce on top of the bottom bun. Follow with Caesar Dressing, chicken burger, more Caesar Dressing, lettuce, and top bun.