My garden peppers are plentiful this year but they aren’t quite large enough to make stuffed peppers. Thus, a deconstructed route with this stuffed pepper skillet!
Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 bell peppers, any color, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- Optional toppings: crushed croutons, Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley
- Preheat oil in 12" skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add the beef, onion, ½ of the salt and all of the pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking the beef into crumbles, until it's no longer pink and the onions have softened, about 5 minutes. Drain fat, if necessary.
- Add in the rice, bell peppers, and remaining salt and cook 1 minute. Stir in the stock and tomato sauce. Bring back to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 24-28 minutes or until rice is cooked. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Top with the crumbled croutons and Parmesan cheese,