We just love creating these “sushi” bowls. They are really deconstructed California rolls made into Poke Bowls. The topping ideas are endless but I’ll share with you our favorites.
- 6 cups cooked short grain rice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- English cucumber, cut into quarter slices
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded carrot
- Minced green onion
- Imitation or lump crab meat
- Small, cooked shrimp
- Spicy aioli (2 parts mayo to 1 part sriracha or hot sauce)
- Soy sauce
- Cook short grain rice according to package instructions. The “sushi rice” happens with mixing in vinegar, salt, and sugar, and then mixing at a 45 degree angle. If you have less of more rice the ratio is 8-4-1 (measured with a teaspoon).
- Over the top of your cooled sushi rice add any of the above sushi bowl ingredients. Enjoy!