These meatballs make a quick and easy dinner or even a great appetizer! You can serve them over rice, like pictured, or as skewers.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine the 1 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the 1/4 cup water and whisk until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
- Heat the sauce until it thickens to your desired thickness. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more water to thin it out.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped green onion, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp ketchup, eggs, breadcrumbs and ground beef. Mix well. Shape into desired size meatballs.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons ketchup. Brush meatballs with marinade and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with white rice, stir fry veggies, and more teriyaki if desired.