When you have a craving for lasagna but don’t want the long assembly and bake time, turn to this recipe for an easy weeknight version!
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbps Bell Pepper Rub or Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 1.5 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large eggs
- 8 oz part-skim mozzarella, coarsely grated
- Cook the sausage in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat, breaking into crumbles, until lightly browned, about 4-6 minutes. Drain and return to heat.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and your choice of rub and salt. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add broth and lasagna noodles, broken into quarter. Gently press to fully submerge the noodles. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine the ricotta and egg in a small bowl. Uncover the lasagna noodles and add dollops of the ricotta mixtures. Cover and cook until the noodles are tender, about another 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.