This recipe is always a crowd pleaser in our house, especially for the cook when it’s all done on a sheet pan! Brian is Italian and grew up with gnocchi used as pasta, topped with sauce. I am Polish and grew up with potato dumplings pan fried in butter and served with sour cream. I love how this recipe brings our two cultures together.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Sausage
- 5 Italian Sausage links
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green, red, and yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 17.5 oz package potato gnocchi
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss together the sausage, oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic, bell peppers, onion, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper on a sheet pan. Pour the cherry tomatoes over top and gently shake the pan a few times to evenly distribute. Bake until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are soft, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the gnocchi with the Parmesan, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Turn the oven to broil. Sprinkle the gnocchi over the sausage and vegetables and broil until dark golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and more Parmesan.