Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated! Pasta salad doesn’t just have to be a side dish – pack it with veggies and protein to make it a main dish! This recipe is also great for weekday lunches.
- 1 lb pasta, (rotini, bowtie, or wagon wheels)
- Zesty Italian Dressing (we used Olive Garden)
- Grilled chicken (or summer sausage, pepperoni, salami, etc)
- Cubed cheese (we used fresh mozzarella)
- Fresh Veggies (cucumber, tomato, olives, bell pepper, artichokes, broccoli, corn, carrots, etc)
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions.
- Meanwhile, prep all of your veggies, cheese, and protein. I like to cut everything about the same size to match the size of my pasta. It makes each bite super easy to consume.
- Drain pasta and rinse well with cold-water to stop the cooking.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing to coat.
- Add your meat, cheese, and veggies. Add a bit more dressing and toss to combine.
- This salad will have a better flavor if you let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, but it can be served immediately, too.