This side dish went over swimmingly at Easter! Even my less than enthusiastic vegetable eater for a husband competed for the leftovers! The secret is in the great spices and in the roasting.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the carrots in half lengthwise. Add to a large bowl with the broccoli florets.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Drizzle the vegetables with the oil, then sprinkle on the spice mix. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly, then spread them into an even layer on sheet pan.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, until they are browned and tender, tossing once halfway through. Sprinkle with Parmesan once roasted.