Our family loves recipes where everyone can build their own bowl. Add a little or add a lot – up to you!
Mediterranean Chicken Bowls
Chicken and Rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 cups long grain rice
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup hummus
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Season both sides of the chicken with the rub and place it on top of the spinach. Add the water.
- Combine the rice and broth in a ceramic pot accessory. Cover and lower onto the wire cradle. Cook on high for 9 minutes.
- When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes, then press the steam-release button to release any remaining pressure. Press CANCEL.
- Finely chop the parsley in a food processor. Add the hummus and lemon juice and process until well combined.
- Carefully lift the ceramic pot out of the cooker and fluff the rice with a fork.* Transfer the chicken and spinach to a medium mixing bowl and chop.
- To serve, add the chicken, vegetables, rice, and sauce to a bowl. If you’d like, sprinkle with the feta.