Brian’s exact words in review of dinner: “I feel like I’ve had this at a restaurant before!” Since it’s a Cheesecake Factory copycat, he might we right. 😉
Lightened-Up Louisiana Chicken Pasta
Cajun Cream Sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 lbs grilled or baked chicken seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley for garnish (optional)
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Set a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta one minute less of cook time on box. Drain but do not rinse.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and add the bell peppers, onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes until just starting to brown but not break down. Add the sauce mixture to the pan, then the pasta.
- Stir and let thicken and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking slice up the chicken. Serve the pasta with the sliced chicken on top and extra Parmesan as desired.