I wish I had a smell-o-vision with this recipe post. All the delicious flavors of shish kabob without all the fuss!
Deconstructed Shish Kabob
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Favorite rub (Greek, Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic, etc)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Sweet Onion
- Roma Tomato or Cherry Tomatoes
- Zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 lbs protein (cut into one-inch cubes)
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. We will be cooking over indirect heat for this recipe.
- Chop vegetables into sizes that match protein size and put both in a large bowl. Add olive oil and spices, and toss to coat.
- Put in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes or all day or overnight.
- Spray a rectangular grill pan with cooking spray or take a paper towel and rub it with a little vegetable oil. Place pan on grate.
- Add protein and vegetables, spreading them into a single layer.a. For pork: Grill 8-12 minutes or until temps is 145 degrees, turning once.b. For chicken: Cook 10-15 minutes or until temp is 165 degrees, turning once.c. For beef: Cook until desired doneness (medium rare 135 degrees, medium 145 degrees, well 155 degrees), turning once.