This classic chicken tortilla soup is so quick (thanks to using a pressure cooker), you can make it on a weekday—but it will taste like it was cooking all day.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 small onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tbsp Carnitas seasoning or taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 15 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz black beans, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Optional: lime, sour cream or Greek yogurt, cilantro, green onion, avocado, tortilla strips
- Coarsely chop the onion and bell pepper. Mince the garlic.
- Set your pressure cooker to the S setting and press START. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook uncovered for 3–5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press CANCEL.
- Add the chicken, corn, seasoning, salt, tomatoes, and black beans. Lock the lid and select the CUSTOM setting. Adjust the time to 10 minutes. Press START.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the inner pot and chop. Select the SEAR setting and press START. Add the broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and serve.